1, For the Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, vegetable oil, sesame oil, garlic and soy sauce. Cover well and allow to marinade for about 20 minutes.
- Heat frying pan and cook chicken. Slice in chicken in thin slices, about 1/4 inches for rolling.
- Gather vegetables, rice paper, board surface to roll on and bowl of hot water.
2, For the Dip: combine all ingredients well.
3, For Spring Rolls
- In large bowl, fill it with water and make it warm by adding hot water. Gently dip each rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds till damp. Don’t over soak the rice paper. Place rice paper on plate, or working surface.
- As rice paper begins to absorb the water and become more soft and pliable (10-30 seconds, depending on wrappers and water temp.), begin to add the fillings.
- On the 1/3 section of the rice paper wrapper closest to you, start layering your fillings of lettuce, herbs, chicken and vegetables.
- Start rolling the wrapper over the fillings away from you, tucking and rolling the wrapper with your fingers, making sure all the fillings remain right and round within the rice paper wrapper.
- Serve immediately with soy dip, or cover with plastic wrap to eat a few hours later.